Do you hear the call of the wild beckoning your very soul?
Do you sense that you are so much more capable than you are currently expressing?
Do you yearn to connect deeply with your innate gifts and your authentic voice in order to truly serve the world and leave it better than you found it for future generations?
It doesn’t matter if you feel unworthy, afraid of the unknown, wounded by experiences of the past, lack of clarity, overwhelm or any other form of resistance, a genuine meaningful and abundant life of vision can be yours.
Since the dawn of humanity people have fasted alone in the wilderness, seeking vision in order to serve their people and their land. The vision quest is a cross-cultural, nature-based, spiritual practice to discover, make peace with, and fully engage with what remains when all possible distractions have been shed.
In this place of profound stillness and silence, a deeper connection emerges. A deeper connection to the Earth, a deeper connection to Soul, a deeper connection to one’s interconnected essence. This is Vision.
“A human not living their vision is not living at all.”
When we look to the natural world, we see that the only constants are birth, death, and renewal. The Vision Quest provides a container within which you can engage the natural developmental process of deep renewal. Releasing that which is metaphorically dying within, and embracing that which is metaphorically being born allows you to mature and grow with the changes inside and outside of yourself in order to connect with your deepest calling.
We created the Purpose Mountain Vision Quest for humans with a passion for wild nature and engaging the mystery of life itself. This experience is designed to support you to transform from yearning for a profound connection with vision, nature and soul, to living a life of profound connection to vision, nature and soul.
A Personal Note from Mark
Thank you for checking in and reading this web page. I’m so excited to do the work I do in the world, and to help uplift our ideas about what and who we are, how we can lift that view for humanity and for the Earth.
I was born in the wilds of northern Canada and my first teachers were nature, the seasons, and a large extended family. I got to watch and see how my uncles and my father connected with nature every day as they ran our family farm. Years later as I sat with my last living uncle I asked him questions about the birds, the plants, the ecosystem and he was able to answer every question with detail and stories of life experience. He lived on the same land for over 50 years and his knowledge of place was one of the most complete I have ever seen.
I take it as part of the legacy I was handed from my family to continue that journey of discovery and exploration. For many years as I went through school, college and work I could never totally square the way humanity was living with those early memories of what it was like to live in a rich abundant environment. I struggled to find my place in the world, still holding that feeling that so many of us have in our teens that there must be some grand plan for me and my life, yet as the years passed I couldn’t find it. I bounced around from job to job and relationship to relationship trying to find meaning for how to live my life.
At the pinnacle of that frustration things began to change. I had no idea at the time that the hard work and great synchronicities that came to me would bring into my life the powerful mentors I have had, nor did I understand how profoundly they would change my life. I began to meet people that were so giving to me with spirituality, nature connection, and human design. They began to help me connect the dots in my life and see how everything I had done was preparation for the journey to live a life full of love and connection. They were as tough and exacting as they were kind and loving.
Although many of those elders have now passed on, the course they helped me set for myself continues. It’s not easy and daily I still uncover old beliefs, trauma, and wounds that need love and healing.
One of the foundational teachings I received was that it wasn’t enough to have deep transformational experiences in nature, or through work with seasoned veterans of human development. I needed to offer that same opportunity to the people in my life.
For 30 years I have worked with thousands of people individually and in groups so we could all turn our heads and look towards a more holistic and meaningful way of living our lives. The synthesis of my spiritual teachings, connection to nature, and understanding the developmental processes to grow and self-actualize as a human being has given me some very unique perspectives to share.
The Vision Quest is a pinnacle experience in this journey. It’s the best of the best. I am so excited and honored to offer this opportunity to you. Working together you can uncover your deepest essence and purpose. I sincerely hope you will join me on this journey together.
May the journey begin,
Vision Quest Overview
This experience is structured as a 10-day live, group immersion in wild nature, along with group Zoom sessions before and after:
Heeding the Call – Nature-based Practices & Visionary Foundations
We’ll begin the journey by gathering together as a group over Zoom while everyone is still home. This early groundwork is designed to set in motion your deeper psycho-spiritual process as you prepare to leave the world of ordinary consciousness.
- Learn a powerful set of daily and weekly routines that serve as a foundation for your visionary developmental process.
- Come into right relationship with your body, mind, heart, spirit & soul as preparation for the journey ahead.
- Discover the secret to leveraging your existing community of relationships to anchor the process of supporting your soulful adventure.
- Learn how dreams, synchronicity and symbols from nature are the language of vision/soul, and how to speak that language in preparation for the deeper conversations to come.
- Establish essential deep nature connection practices that will take you into a rich relationship with the living Earth.
The Journey Up The Mountain
First three days of our 10-day immersion
to Leaving the modern world behind, our bonds deepen as we arrive on the land together. We’ll create a conscious cultural container together as we acclimate to the group, our place, and the more-than-human-world. This enables us to begin the deep work of courageously facing one’s self within a safe container in direct preparation for the Vision Quest.
- Learn an honorable way of greeting the land that will hold you through your visionary transformation.
- Experience a blend of group work and personalized mentoring to deepen your nature-based psycho-spiritual journey.
- Discover the power of intention for your Vision Quest, and how it will shape your entire experience. Find meaningful ways of allowing the voice of mystery and the land to inform your intention far beyond what the mind and ego are capable of.
- Learn how to embrace a mature, reciprocal give-and-take relationship with both wild nature and wild soul.
- Work with fear, resistance, and doubt that might otherwise prevent your quest from succeeding, including a deep journey into both your shadow and your light.
- Learn to work with your cast of inner selves in order to reduce inner conflict, cultivate authentic inner harmony, and open the floodgates of vision.
- Learn about obstacles, tools, and neutral elements to the Vision Quest to support your experience.
- Discover how to comprehensively physically prepare for the Vision Quest in order to ensure your safety.
Wild Visionary Revelation – The Vision Quest
Center four days of our 10-day immersion
“This is the pinnacle experience of the entire event. 96 hours alone on the land, fasting and lamenting for your vision. Like a great time-out on life itself, you will spend these timeless days dwelling in a liminal space, free of every possible distraction. Here you will hear the voice of the Earth, deeply engage the mystery, and commune with Soul.
This sublime, ancient passage that all of our human ancestors the world over have been practicing for millennia is an initiatory rite unparalleled in its capacity to reveal your unique gifts, soul powers, timeless essence, deepest calling and much more.
- Experience your full, raw, wild nature as you immerse in wild nature.
- Discover how to create a deeply personalized, ceremonial space for your process.
- Experience complete freedom from the modern world, and it’s conscious and unconscious impact on your whole being.
- Learn to engage the quiet mind, the sacred silence.
- Discover what it means to be dreamed by the Earth.
- Enact a mythical “death & rebirth” experience to completely release the past and fully open yourself to your tremendous potential as a new human being.
- Touch the “truth at the center of the image you were born with.”
- Enter into “the largest conversation you are capable of having with the world.”
Coming Down The Mountain
Last three days of our 10-day immersion
Returning from your Vision Quest to our safe, sacred container, you’ll be welcomed back with open arms from your guides and companions alike. You’ll bring nourishing food back into your body, rest deeply, and begin the essential process of integrating your experience, as you prepare to take your precious vision back home to share with your people and with the world.
- Receive guidance & support on moving from the deep liminal world back to the physical world, now with new eyes.
- Receive personalized, soulful reflection of your quest from skilled & experienced guides to help you experience the true depth of your vision quest, and learn what countless others have discovered; that much more happened on your vision quest than you first thought.
- Learn a powerful set of journaling prompts and practices to support your integration process.
- Be mentored on how to spend time on the land to both process your experience and stay connected to your vision.
- Feel the nurturing, generative power of our group that shares the same deep experience you are having to support you in claiming the full power of your vision.
- Experience Dream Work, Active Imagination, and Sensory Meditation exercises to help deepen your capacity to speak the language of Soul and make meaning out of your visionary experience.
- Be supported to resolve issues of giving and receiving pain in your life, one of the keys to living a purposeful life of vision.
- Learn what it means to live or “perform” your vision so that you have full access to the power of your vision.
- Be well supported to prepare to return home with your gifts & vision, born anew.
- Learn how to stay awake to the truth of your vision so that you can live a conscious, soulful, purposeful life moving forward serving the world.
The Transition Home – Living Your Vision
Back home now, we will close our journey together by returning you to our circle of support. This final integration phase is designed to support you in what can otherwise be a tumultuous journey of learning what it means to live with vision and bring your gifts back to the world.
- Return to our safe and sacred circle of support to process the ups and downs of your new, visionary life.
- Be given mentoring sustenance for your soulful, nature-based practices to keep your connection to vision alive.
- Receive the support of our powerful cultural mentoring structure that offers both nurturing love and solid accountability to support your journey.
- Learn what it means to “live your soul image”, to somatically embody the full power of your vision.
- Discover how to wrap the bundle of your visionary experience so that it lives on regeneratively.
- Experience a deep and powerful final ceremony to close out our space.
- Learn how to stay awake to the truth of your vision so that you can live a new, conscious, soulful & purposeful life moving forward serving the world.
Next Vision Quest Being Offered:
September 23 – October 2, 2022 in the forested mountains of Idaho
- Lead Vision Quest Guides: Tim Corcoran and Mark Tollefson, plus assistants.
- Group Size: 8 – 12 participants
- Ages: 18+
- Times: We begin at 9:00 am Pacific on the first day, and close by 5:00 pm Pacific on the last day, so plan your travel for the days before and after.
- Location: Medicine Circle Eco-Retreat, Priest River, Idaho.
- Nearest Airport: Spokane, Washington.
- Accommodations: Camping is provided.
- Meals: Participants are responsible for most of their own meals. Some meals are provided.
- Gear List: Will be provided after registration. Participants are responsible for providing all of their own camping gear including proper outdoor clothing, cooking supplies and most of their own food. Some group gear will be provided.
- Covid-19 Policy: We will be following state standards and are committed to providing a safe and highly connective experience for all.
This Vision Quest Experience Includes
- Full 10-day live, in-person group immersion experience.
- Zoom sessions before and afterwards to support you in preparing for and integrating your visionary experience.
Step in to this profound journey of questing for vision.
10-Day Wilderness Vision Quest with Tim Corcoran and Mark Tollefson
Normal cost is $3,197 USD. Payment plans are available.
The experience is currently being offered at a special price of $2,697. Take advantage of this special pricing and receive the entire experience for $500 off the normal price.
Receive an additional $200 discount if you register now, for a total of only $2,497 USD.
To get started, please click the button below to register online.